Review: Flawed by Kate Avelynn

Flawed by Kate Avelynn
Flawed
by Kate Avelynn

Expected Publication:
January 22nd 2013 (but it is available as an ebook)
Publisher: Entangled Publishing



From Goodreads:
Sarah O’Brien is alive because of the pact she and her brother made twelve years ago — James will protect her from their violent father if she promises to never leave him. For years, she’s watched James destroy his life to save hers. If all he asks for in return is her affection, she’ll give it freely.

Until, with a tiny kiss and a broken mind, he asks for more than she can give.

Sam Donavon has been James’ best friend — and the boy Sarah’s had a crush on — for as long as she can remember. As their forbidden relationship deepens, Sarah knows she’s in trouble. Quiet, serious Sam has decided he’s going to save her. Neither of them realizes James is far more unstable than her father ever was, or that he’s not about to let Sarah forget her half of the pact...


My Review:
Amazing, Beautiful, Hart wrenching, Dark, Emotional, Powerful, Intense, Shattering, Overwhelming.
These are just some of the emotions I experienced while reading this book. But they don't give the book justice, because what I felt while reading this book can not be expresed in words.

From the very beginning I was sucked into the story and couldn't put the book down. When I finished it, I lay in my bed, unable to sleep and just thinking about the book.

Sarah O'Brien was amaizingly strong protagonist. I felt so deep for her. For as long as she could remember she was abused by her father. Her mother was a drug addict and never there for her. The only person in her life who always looked out for her was her brother James. He promised her that he'll always be there for her and protect her, and in return she promised to never leave him. She was living a life she didn't deserve. She was torn between leaving her brother and the guy she loved. There was so many things on her shoulders, so many decisions, hiding, lying and protecting herself, but still, she was strong and accepted everything as it was.

James, Sarah's brother, also had it hard. Abused by his father, taking care of Sarah, it all lead to his unstability. He loved Sarah, that much everyone could tell, but with time, his feelings for Sarah became something that was not normal, and that ruined their relationship. If it wasn't for James' protectivity and his wrong feelings, I think he could have been the best brother ever. I felt so sorry for James, he was a good person but some things from his past ruined his future.

Sam was like an angel to all of them. He was a good friend to James, but the most importat thing is that he was there for Sarah when life was the hardest for her. He cared, he looked out for her even tough he didn't have to. He was dragged into mess just because he cared and because he was a good boyfriend.

The ending was really hard for me. I don't think it is possible not to shear a tear at the ending. This is probably one of the best books I have ever read and I will remember it for quite some time. While this is not a book you can read whenever you want, you have to be emotionaly prepared for what is coming, but it sure is a book you don't want to miss.

My rating:

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

2 komentari:

  1. Oh I have heard lovely things about this book, but your review has me buying it now! I love your vivid descriptions! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete