Review: Hereafter by Tara Hudson


Hereafter (Hereafter, #1)
Tara Hudson


Publication date: June 7th 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen









From Goodreads:
Can there truly be love after death?

Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life--or her actual death--she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but "will" him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.

Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, "Hereafter" is a sensation you won't want to miss.



My review:
I choose to read this book mostly because of its beautiful cover, and I must say, I expected more of this book. After I read this book, I didn't feel anything. It was just, I'm done with it, what's next? But I think I'll still stick up with the second book and read it.

This book starts with an action. The boy is drowning in the lake and Amelia wants to save him. After that, the two of them hit it really fast and the romance starts forming. A little bit too fast for my liking.

Joshua seems like a nice boy, but he's nothing special. Of course, he has a good looks, but there's nothing deep about him, nothing about his personality, nothing to make me really like him.

And than, there's Eli, the evil ghost. I kinda liked his character because he has some background story and we do know much more about him than we know about Amelia or Joshua.

This book has a lot of unanswered questions. I hope they will clear them up in the Arise, which is the second book to Hereafter.

My rating:



About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

0 komentari:

Post a Comment